Thursday, March 17, 2011

A trip down memory lane

A couple of pictures and memories of my first semester in Spain! 
September 8. 2010 Arrived at the Madrid Airport!! :D 
@ Hotel Bequer with all the girls from my program. I was exhausted from the horrible flight...
Sara and I! She was the first person I met at the Madrid airport... Me: Hey are you studying abroad?" Sara: "Yes in Sevilla. " Me: OMG meee too!! We were inseparable after that!!
@ the Cathedral like a total tourist. 
My university.. Universidad de Sevilla [El rectorado]
Sara.Cara.Clarie.Me [The day we decided we should all be girlfriends] Hanging out at Alemeda de Hercules. 
My Spanish Friends! Elisa.Jose.Rivera.Willy.Patri.Sara.Me @ Rebotica. They have the best 5 euro Mojitos. well... maybe not the best but the biggest!
Flameno Show with my program. 
Huelga en toda Espana. It was pretty peaceful in Sevilla but got pretty violent in Barcelona...
Night out on Calle Betis [Claire.Cara.Emily.Brittany]
My Yearlong buddy. This is my love Kayla. Funny story how we met: She was in my interest group we realized we lived close to each other so we decided to walk together. As I was saying goodbye I ran into a huge pole... got super embarrassed.. laughed it off and said I will just keep walking with you... Don't know what I would do without this girl! :)
For my communications class I got to interview Kanoute, star player for Sevilla Soccer Club.  Great guy very down to earth.. and speaks so many languages. We talked about his foundation and children's community he started in his hometown of Mali, Africa. 
@ Bandali for Funky Night! Basically every Wednesday and Friday this club has "funky" music which for us Americans is basically hip-hop and R&B. It is a nice break from all the pop and house music that gets played at the other clubs. 
Leaving Starbucks now... headed to Jose's house we are going on a Roadtrip. Meeting up with Elisa in Valencia for Fallas! Check out what the Fallas are all about.

-tanya :]

No comments:

Post a Comment